Inner Bank Guide, Templates & Free Ledger for Mental Bank
Originally posted July 2017, last updated June 2023
*NOTE: Lauren is not affiliated or accredited by “The Mental Bank” or HMI; she has practiced the Mental Bank principles with many positive results and evolved her Inner Bank Guide based on her personal experience over the years.
The Mental Bank Program
Apply this Financial Freedom Exercise to reach your goals faster!
Lauren’s Inner Bank Guide & Resources for practicing the Mental Bank Program by HMI
Your Inner Bank is the way you think about money.
These thoughts dictate your life experience.
Increase your own Inner Bank value using the Mental Bank Program.
Practice this Financial Freedom Exercise every night.
Your reality income grows as you believe and expect higher results.
THE INNER BANK GUIDE
HOW THIS EXERCISE WORKS
Step 1: Define Your Goals
Step 2: Determine Value Events
Step 3: Create Your Notebook
Step 4: Practice Paycheck Routine
Step 5: Experience Your Dreams
Click on section headings to Expand/Hide content
The Inner Bank Guide to the Mental Bank program.
Your Inner Bank is the way you think about money..
Increase your own Inner Bank value using the proven Mental Bank program.. The Mental Bank program is simulation designed to bridge the gap between your present experience and your goals. In this exercise, you determine a goal, calculate the formula, and then pay yourself every night for the value events done towards your goals that day.
After practicing the exercise for several months, Lauren created a printable ledger to make it easier to do her nightly Mental Bank program. It evolved into the Inner Bank and she modified a few things that worked better for her. Now Lauren has a checklist to keep on track all day, writes real paychecks, an accountability group and several printable worksheets kept inside a binder.
You don't have to believe right now that this exercise works - just keep doing the nightly practice. The repetition creates a new way of thinking in your subconscious mind. Your new thinking causes new life results! Just expect them and see!
Lauren's Inner Bank Resources are derived from the well-known Mental Bank program. This exercise was published in a book called The Mental Bank Handbook by John Kappas in 2001, which culminates over 30 years of research at HMI. Their motto is "Success is NOT an Accident!" and Mental Bank concept is still taught worldwide today.
Practicing the Inner Bank can quickly help align yourself with a more abundant mentality. It expands your thinking which attracts new life experiences that move you closer to your goals. It's exciting to experience the magic of your life unfold!
Comments from Lauren.
I've used the Mental Bank program several times on my Financial Freedom Journey when I'm ready to “level up” and always experienced positive results.
Presently I have been doing this practice every night for over 1 year and it's evolved to be incorporated into my daily routine and peace of mind. I am much happier and I am rapidly progressing towards my huge goals and I am so grateful I've stuck with it.
How you practice this exercise
Step 1: Keep track of your daily activities
Step 2: Pay yourself each night for your work
Step 3: Maintain this practice and experience positive results
Here's a video I made explaining how to use my Inner Bank System
Use the Inner Bank resources to rewrite your beliefs about money..
Paying yourself each night is key because:It trains your brain to expect more abundance which translates into your results. Applying this Inner Bank practice changes the way you think about your personal value and your relationship with money resulting in reaching your goals.
5 Reasons this is a Powerful Financial Freedom Exercise.
1. BELIEF - Do the practice every night and "put into action your new, successful [internal belief] script and rewrite your subconscious" because expanding beliefs create new results.
2. DAILY REINFORCEMENT - Keep up the routine and the payoff is developing the faith that your goals are coming so they are achieved. The author says, "In fact, it WILL work as long as we do it!"
3. SCRIPTING - You must write the nightly deposit ledger in cursive handwriting with a blue pen to bypass the "critical area of the mind" and enter your subconscious mind.
4. TIME OF DAY - "The last half hour before sleep is referred to as the 'Magic 30 Minutes' so it's important to do this as a nightly practice.
5. DREAMS - While you dream your subconscious is at work putting the "new program in and venting out the old program dreaming" deepening your faith in achieving your goals.
Excerpts above from the "Mental Bank Handbook"
Comments from Lauren
When I started using the Mental Bank program this past time I really wanted to not fall out of practice like the previous time. To keep up the nightly practice and ensure my best goal results, I took some time to develop key resources I needed.
The first thing I needed was a 3-ring notebook with templates - now it’s so easy to keep up with! More parts grew and soon I had created my own Inner Bank system. My friends kept asking me how I was doing it and I sent them templates. I love to share so I put everything together in this post so you too can start your Inner Bank tonight!.
About the Mental Bank
The Official Mental Bank Book and Ledger
The founder's son explains the Mental Bank program in this excellent 2-hour videoContinue reading this post for my "cliff notes" and get resources to apply this exercise .
About the Mental Bank.
"The Mental Bank program is a dramatic demonstration of how your subconscious mind is a goal machine, driven to achieve whatever it is programmed for. The Mental Bank program puts you in the driver's seat for programming your subconscious mind to achieve success, happiness and prosperity, easily and effortlessly.
The Mental Bank program, developed by Dr. John Kappas and the staff of the Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI), represents the culmination of 30 years experience in the field of subconscious and behavioral reprogramming.
The [book] explains in easy to follow steps the five synergistic elements of the Mental Bank program and how to get them working in your life in less than five minutes per day." The ledger is used for applying the daily exercise.
Excerpt from Success is Not an Accident: The Mental Bank Concept by John G. Kappas.
Buy the Official Mental Bank Book and Ledger on Amazon
Success is Not an Accident: The Mental Bank Handbook
The Mental Bank Ledger for daily use
Additional Websites for Mental Bank Information
- Mental Bank - Official PDF Explaining Process https://hypnosis.edu/distance/advanced/workbooks/v8.pdf *Originally open to anyone, now you must register with them to view it .
- Mental Bank Founder's Website https://hypnosis.edu/streaming/mental-bank/ . .
- Mental Bank Resources http://www.submindtools.com/the-mental-bank
How I developed my Inner Bank from the Mental Bank
Years ago in Los Angeles, I heard of the Mental Bank concept, Googled it and put it into practice for a bit. It was cool getting paid for my daily "value!" however my routine changed and I fell out of practice. Then at my Entrepreneur Meetup, one of the members gave a presentation on using the Mental Bank after she had taken the official course. Only then did I find the free online PDF from HMI.
Three times over several years I used the mental bank for short periods and experienced a tremendously positive effect plus I actually had money come "outta nowhere" during those times. Yet I didn't have consistency until I put my own spin on the Mental Bank Concept and developed some great templates and resources I call the "Inner Bank Financial Freedom Exercise." I'm happy to share the resources I use and am very pleased with my results using my Inner Bank nightly.
Step 1: Define Your Goal
.What do you truly want? It surprised me to learn the majority of people never have a definite goal.
Goals of "I want to be rich, I want to be married, I want to travel, I want to be healthy" are all great though it’s vital to get specific. You must be able to see yourself in detail living the life of your dreams.
Seeing and feeling you have reached your goals is the most important thing! If you only have a feeling of "wanting to reach your goals" rather than achieving it than your goals remain out of reach. This Inner Bank practice strengthens your faith seeing and feeling that you are reaching your goals.
What's your why? Think about the real reason you want your goals. Make sure to focus on that to keep you going!
Envision Your Dream Life
This is where the magic starts! Go big!!
Getting specific allows you to really make the goals measurable.
- Does $1 million dollars make you feel rich or $100 million?
- Do you want a $200,000 house or a $20 million dollar house?
- Is your home rented, mortgaged or free and clear?
- How large is your house?
- Where is it located?
- Do you have multiple homes?
- What’s the monthly household expense?
- Will you need a chef, housekeeper, gardener? How often?
- Do you need someone to do errands and drive the kids to school?
- Would you like a personal assistant to handle your to do list?
- What’s your ideal budget for shopping/eating out/household expenses?
- How often do you want to travel or go on vacations?
- Are you flying coach, first class or have a private jet?
- Do you have a spouse or partner? Is this your current one?
- Do you have kids around?
- What does your ideal body look like?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Do you work?
Coming up GoalIf you have a specific money amount, just plug that into the goal. Using the "SMART Goal" method is a good way determine amount
A weight loss goal could be defined as $100,000 and I’ll pay myself according to my weight loss and value events like eating healthy or exercising.
UndecidedHaving big goals for yourself is great, though if you’re starting from a place of confusion or lack of desires (and maybe everything sucks in your life right now), then it’s hard to feel like your wildest dreams are coming true. That’s where the 4 areas of Peace of Mind come in to the equation by looking at different areas that you want to improve.
Peace of MindThe 4 Areas of Peace of Mind
Step 2: Establish Value Events
Value events are based on actions you do that get you closer to your goals! Things that add value to your day are, in fact, contributing to your success. Yes, it can even be serving others, taking a course, meditating or spending time with family. Developing great relationships with quality family time or business masterminding phone calls are great examples of value events.
Determining Your Hourly RateThe difference between calculating the Mental Bank Way vs The Inner Bank Way is the Mental Bank uses an annual income to determine hourly rates, while the Inner Bank calculates monthly.
- Take goal amount and multiply it by 4 to get Inner Bank target
- Example - Goal: $10,000 Goal x 4 = $40,000 Target
- Divide that number by 720 to get hourly, monthly wage
- This is calculated around the clock
- Example - $40,000 / 720 = $55/hr, I prefer to round it
- Double or triple hourly wage for bonus events
- Example - $55/hr x 2 = $110/hr bonus rate
- Determine varying amount for flat rate events
- Example - $500 for attending a workshop
- Example - $100 for getting 8+ hours of sleep
All events must be on this list to get paid!Look at the 4 areas of Peace of Mind to determine your overall total (see Peace of Mind in Goals above)
- Health goals may have value events like exercising, food choices, sleep routine, water amounts, etc.
- Wealth/money goals may have value events for: responding to emails, talking to clients, sales calls, reading or listening to learning materials.
Assign the hourly rate (yes, it can be in the hundreds or even thousands $$) and a flat rate for each event: listen to yourself on determining what is an "Hourly Rate" event and what will stay at a "Flat Rate" fixed amount.
Overall the majority of value event entries should be hourly to help you gain more awareness on where your time spent regarding your goals.
- Health Goals may get an hourly rate for exercise and a flat rate amount for healthy food choices or reaching your nightly sleeping target
- Money goals may get an hourly rate for working on projects and perhaps a flat rate for each quick followup call
Bonus EventsWhen something is super hard to do or scary and brings you a significant step closer to your goals, these events are paid 2- 3 times the usual amount. Example: Making cold calls, going for a run, doing a project you want to avoid.
Now Go Big!
What is your Dream Lifestyle Budget?
Wanna $1,000,000 a year?
$1,000,000 x 4 = $4,000,000 Target Goal
$4,000,000 / 12 = $333,333 per month
$333,333 / 720 = $463 per hour!
Step 3: Create Your Inner Bank Notebook
My Product Recommendations*Click to Buy on Amazon Prime*
- 3-Ring 1" Binder
- 3-Hole Punch
- 8 Tab Dividers
- 3-Ring Zippered Pouch
- Scientific Calculator
- Recycled Printer Paper
- Blue Pens
I find it a lot easier to have a 3-ring binder for my Inner Bank Exercise and hole punch my printed templates. The dividers separate your daily ledger and the other sections. Make sure you have a good calculator (and not the basic 8 digit) because you will be calculating into the millions! You can also use the calculator function on a phone or computer. I use the pouch to hold my blue pens and checkbooks.
I write real checks to myself and put them on the wall for a powerful visual. I highly recommend using specific checks for this exercise; for $20 I ordered a separate box of real checks from my bank just for my Inner Bank paychecks. It's an amazing feeling KNOWING I will cash them soon! _
The most important practice of the Inner Bank Financial Freedom Exercise is doing it nightly. I developed these Inner Bank Templates that I personally use to make it easier though you can also just do journal entries. ...
- Inner Bank Contract
- Inner Bank Ledger
- The Happenings
- Value Events
- Cashflow Sheet
Buy Inner Bank Resources
For Best "Inner Bank" Results, Join Our Accountability Group & Receive Your Templates FREE!
Step 4: Inner Bank Routine
Ah, ha! This is where the magic happens!
Practicing this financial freedom exercise every night is the key to making this work for you.
Do it every night for one week to start!!
Since learning of the Mental Bank several years ago I would practice it for a few weeks at a time. Each time I felt such amazing growth in my mentality! This year as I pursued huge goals I brought the Mental Bank out of my "toolbox." I got serious about it and added real paychecks and made a notebook. I made the commitment to bank every night.
Once again using this exercise I started getting amazing results plus I was feeling so much better! I decided to share how I've adapted it to my own Inner Bank routine and created the Facebook Accountability Group. I have no foreseeable ending this practice as I'm continually reaping the benefits! Life just keeps getting better and better! I'm crossing $21,000,000 tonight and my real life has shifted even more positively!
Calculating Daily Pay
Write out each event on the ledger and in the beginning recording each item is extremely beneficial. Pay yourself for the 10-15 minutes you spend doing this exercise each night.
After a few months I began to dread the ledger because I was constantly tracking my time and feeling anxious if not working enough. Not cool! Negative feelings are my sign for a course correction. So I re-did my Inner Bank Contract and went with a flat rate of $12,000 an hour x 24 hours a day - that changed my attitude and I enjoyed banking again.
After awhile re-did my contract again to get daily passive income plus have a routine checklist I reuse to streamline the process. I've tailored this exercise to work for me and you do the same. The most important thing is just to do it! 🙂
My Evolving Ledger
- Log each Event and Record the Rate and Time
- Example: Health Goal - Drinking Water $20/Bottle flat rate, 6x
- Example: Relationship Goal - Go on Date $400/hr rate, 90 minutes
- Example: Money Goal - Cold Calls $800/hr bonus rate, 45 minutes
- Calculate all Events at the same time using a Calculator
- Example: Health Goal - Drinking Water $20/Bottle flat rate, 6 times = $20 x 6 bottles = $120
- Example: Relationship Goal - Date $400/hr rate, 90 minutes = 90 min / 60 min = 1.5hrs x $400 = $600
- Example: Money Goal - Cold calls $800/hr Bonus rate, 45 minutes = 15 min / 60 min = .25hrs x $800 = $200
- Record Daily Total and add to your Inner Bank Balance
- Example: Cold Calls $200 + Date $600 + Water $120 = $920 for the day!
- $920 for the day + previous Inner Bank balance equals your new current balance
- Pay Yourself and Deposit into Inner Bank
- Journal and write out the following script each day, "Today,(write-the-date), I am so happy and grateful receiving $##,### $(write-out-the-full-number-in-cursive) making my new balance $#,###,### $(write-out-the-full-number-in-cursive) "
- Example: Today, January 1st, 2017 I am so happy and grateful receiving $5,327.12 five thousand three hundred twenty-seven dollars and twelves cents making my new balance $612,973.42 six hundred twelve thousand nine hundred seventy-three dollars and forty-two cents
- Your daily pay is written on the ledger and the official paycheck is issued weekly
- Record Happenings from the Day! This is your chance to reflect on opportunities you've been given each day to move closer to your ultimate goals. You'll start to recognize the daily occurrences of abundance. As you look for them, they'll become more numerous and greater. Because what you give attention to, grows.
- Calculate the total of each day during the week and write a check for that amount! Writing that check makes it real. Seeing those numbers next to your name makes a powerful statement. "You are wealthy, you are worthy. You deserve that abundance of money!"
- I keep my current Inner Bank Paycheck in my wallet each week
Advanced BankingYou can allocate your Inner Bank income and get investments. I love seeing my "Fun Money" add up and it's also good to practice paying a big tax bill for these millions! I made worksheets for these in my templates
- Cashflow Worksheet Allocation
- Update Investments(Add Screenshot of what amounts of money get allocated, allocation checks and investments)
Step 5: Experience Your Dream
Acknowledge and give gratitude for the abundance manifesting in your experience!
Your mind must wrap itself around this idea of seeing abundance all around you, regardless of what your circumstances may be. When you start to SEE abundance in your everyday life, you're given more. So acknowledge and give gratitude for each and every one of those blessings! More comes to you, and more and more and more. That's where you experience your dream and build the life you're truly meant to live.
Practice this Financial Freedom exercise using Lauren’s resources.
Read the guide, download resources, print templates and connect with Lauren.
Start growing your Inner Bank tonight!
*60% OFF SALE*
Click to buy all Templates for $3
By Special Request or included with Success Package
Lauren’s Financial Freedom Journey
Connect for more Financial Freedom Resources
The purpose of my Financial Freedom Journey is to teach people how to build businesses that last, create freedom (time, financial and peace of mind) and do good in our world for generations. – Lauren
Aloha! I’m Lauren and if you’re reading this section then chances are good it’s your first visit to my website. So warmest aloha and welcome to my treasure of resources supporting you on your Financial Freedom Journey. Click “Start Here” for more guidance or browse through various articles. For exclusive content make sure to follow me on your favorite social media sites. I’m eager to hear from people like you who are pursuing greater financial freedom and peace of mind.