Review of Deming’s 14 Points on Quality Management, a core concept on implementing total quality management, is a set of management practices to help companies increase their quality and productivity.
Deming’s 14 Points Theory
For an expanded version of these points – click here
- Create constancy of purpose for improving products and services.
- Adopt the new philosophy.
- Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality.
- End the practice of awarding business on price alone; instead, minimize total cost by working with a single supplier.
- Improve constantly and forever every process for planning, production and service.
- Institute training on the job.
- Adopt and institute leadership.
- Drive out fear.
- Break down barriers between staff areas.
- Eliminate slogans, exhortations and targets for the workforce.
- Eliminate numerical quotas for the workforce and numerical goals for management.
- Remove barriers that rob people of pride of workmanship, and eliminate the annual rating or merit system.
- Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement for everyone.
- Put everybody in the company to work accomplishing the transformation.
These total quality management concepts can be put into place by any organization to more effectively implement total quality management. As a total quality management philosophy, W. Edwards Deming’s work is foundational to TQM and its successor, quality management systems.
Marshall Thurber’s talk emphasized repeatedly to implement the correct theory to become hugely successful. Using Deming’s 14 points as a guidance system for growing my online businesses is how I create financial freedom.
I love how I “accidentally” stumble upon excellent gems of wisdom. A Facebook ad caught my eye for a message from Marshall Thurber – click here for more info about him. Several of my friends attended a Marshall Thurber seminar and raved about “Money and You.” I also heard he’s the “Rich Dad” from Robert Kiyosaki’s classic Rich Dad Poor Dad. Needless to say, Marshall Thurber seems to be a great resource for solid information to support my financial freedom journey.